Weekend Music – The most October-est list EVER.
Happy October. Here are # tracks from this week that deserve being played loud enough to cause permanent hearing loss. (editor’s note: do not play loud enough to cause permanent hearing loss).
1. Traumer is from Paris. This reminds me of the Chemical Brothers.
2. Mr. Oizo is also from Paris – and is a legend. Nobody makes weirder, fatter, more hypnotic beats than this guy. He’s the champ.
3. Sammy Bananas is a Brooklyn guy on Brooklyn label Fools Gold records. This one has been remixed by Sydney producer Wax Motif.
4. Glass Animals are an “alternative” group from Oxford. This track is proper hip hop, featuring Atlanta’s Rome Fortune on vox.
5. Bo Saris is a soul singer from the Netherlands, and The Reflex is a remix wizard from the UK. All of his remixes (personal favourite – Jackson 5’s ABC) are made from original sounds only… no added thumping bass drums, no cheesy synths (unless they were already there), PURE CLASS.
6. The 2 Bears are Hot Chip’s Joe Goddard and producer Raf Rundell. They are equal parts bliss and tension.
7. King Tuff is MaximumRockAndRoll from Vermont.